“Park and Play”: Golf with Social Distancing at The Pointe Golf Club
NGCOA’s “PARK & PLAY” PROGRAM at The Pointe Golf Club
With the recent importance of “Social Distancing” to help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 virus, we can’t think of a better way to social distance than with golf. The NCGOA (National Golf Course Owners Association) has created a program called “Park & Play”. This program gives golfers the confidence that they can drive to our course, park, get to and around the course, and back to the parking lot in as safe an environment as possible. Until further notice, The Pointe Golf Club will implement this program and use its guidelines to remain open for play (abbreviated hours may be used).
PARK & PLAY GUIDELINES
- Our golf shop will be closed to all members and guests.
- Our food and beverage facilities are closed as well.
- Restrooms in the clubhouse and on the course will still be available
- When possible, please pay for your round in advance.
- Only credit and debit cards are being accepted as forms of payment (Visa, M/C, AMEX, Discover).
- To facilitate payment for your round or if you need assistance, please call our golf shop staff at 252-491-8388.
- Clubhouse door handles, counters, light switches, etc. are being cleaned/sanitized on a continual basis.
- Golf carts are being sanitized with a disinfecting cleaning solution after each round, with special focus on steering wheels, seats, and handles. Clean carts will be stocked with a fresh scorecard & new pencil each morning
- All flags on the practice putting green have been removed
- All water coolers have been removed from the course. Please plan accordingly
- Please putt with the flagstick left in the cup. TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE: Take a “gimmie” if your putt is within a putter’s length of the cup.
- All bunker rakes will be removed. Please smooth over any disruption to the sand to the best of your ability. TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE: Free relief from all bunkers; nearest point, no nearer the hole.
- Golf ball washers have been temporarily removed from the course.
Membership Appreciation | Open House June 9th
OBX Golf Open House Event
Just in time for Father’s Day Weekend!
On June 9th from 10am to 3 pm, Outer Banks Golf courses-The Pointe Golf Club and sister course, Carolina Club, will hold a membership appreciation event and open house at The Pointe Golf Club.
Members and prospective members can enjoy complimentary instruction by the golf our PGA Professionals, putting and range contests, giveaways, refreshments and more. A live radio broadcast and music will be provided by Dixie 105
Some of the benefits of joining the area’s only two course membership include:
- Play for cart fee only!
- Discounted rates for accompanied guests
- Discounts on range fees, select tournaments, select merchandise
- USGA handicap services
- Walking privileges (December-February)
- Discounts on Clubhouse & event rentals
- Learn more about the benefits of becoming a member of both courses by visiting www.thepointegolfclub.com and www.thecarolinaclub.com.
3rd Annual Ernie Weller Tournament Success
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd Annual Ernie Weller Celebration Tournament! The event, which took place Saturday, March 31 brought 126 players who enjoyed a scramble format resulting in a wonderful day of golf, fun, and comradery while benefitting a worthy cause.
The cause was to celebrate the life of Ernie Weller, who we lost to cancer in August of 2015. He was an extremely popular face of The Pointe, as many of our members and returning guests knew and loved him. Ernie was a longtime friend, staff member, and ambassador for The Pointe Golf Club (and Carolina Club). In his honor, the event raised $1902.00 for the Outer Banks Cancer Support Group.
We would like to give a very special thank you to our sponsors: Cahoon Plantation, Eric Banks/City Beverage Co., Gun Shack, Hairoics Salon & Spa, Jim Carlton, Mulligans Raw Bar & Grille, Papa John’s Pizza, Pizzazz Pizza, The Pool Guy, Sea Scape Golf Links, Turf’s Up, and The Pointe Golf Club. Your help was instrumental in making this event a success.
Winning teams and scores from the tournament were:
1st Place: Trish Baker, Tracy Baize, & Matt Byrum – 61
2nd Place: Steve Belangia, Jason Belangia, Shaun Belangia, Brad Neal – 62 (who won after a playoff)
3rd Place: Scott Bailey, Gary Kessler, Tim Garrett, Chuck Umberger – 62
Additional prizes were awarded by random selection to five other lucky teams.
It was truly a great day for all and on behalf of the entire staff of The Pointe Golf Club, we thank everyone again for their participation!